Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
- Fill out an application on our website.
- Go to our AVAILABLE PROPERTIES page
- Search this page for the property you would like to apply for.
- Click the “Apply Now” button and submit an application.
- Each occupant over 18 must submit an application and pay for the tenant screening fees. List ALL dependents under 1 adult applicant.
- Provide proof of income
- Most recent two pay stubs for all applicants used to qualify for the property.
- Provide proof of any other sources of income if needed (example: two years of tax returns for self-employment).
- Offer letter from new employer with contact information for verification
- Official records providing retirement, disability, social security, alimony, pension and/or child support benefits, etc.
- The most recent bank statement.
- Each applicant over 18 must submit a current driver’s license.
- Receive a decision on your application.
- All accepted applicants sign a lease agreement.
- Pay the security deposit.
- Transfer all utilities under tenants’ name and get the renter's insurance.
NOTE: We cannot begin processing your application until we have ALL your information.
How do I pay rent?
All rents are due on the 5th of each month, unless specifically designated otherwise in the tenant’s lease/rental agreement, or by another specific agreement authorized by Management.
EWP accepts rental payments by:
- By ACH/direct deposit via property management software
- By mail
- Money order Vs Cashier's check
I want to get a pet. What do I do?It is the EW’s policy that tenants must have prior approval to have a pet and must supply the appropriate documentation and additional security deposit to add a pet. All pets are processed through the pet screening process. Once approved the tenant must then sign a pet agreement and pay the appropriate fees or deposit. Service animal & emotional support animals must supply appropriate documentation.
Do I pay the first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?No, we only need the first month rent and security deposit for the first payment.
Is the deposit refundable?The disposition of the security deposit is prepared and issued within 21 days as required by CA real estate law. We will provide an itemized security deposit statement for both landlord and tenants.
Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?When a landlord (property owner) rents an apartment or a house to a tenant (renter), the rented property must be fit to live in. In other words, the rented property must be "habitable." During the time that the property is being rented, the landlord must do maintenance work and make repairs which are necessary to keep it habitable. However, a landlord is not responsible for repairing damage caused by the tenant, or the tenant's guests, children or pets.
My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?Per your lease make sure you submit an advance notice to your property manager. Also make sure you receive a response that the notice was received. Property manager will schedule the move out inspection and send the disposition statement of the security deposit within 21 days after lease ends.